Millennial renters, now is the time to stop throwing your money away on rent and make a wise investment in a proven industry — real estate!
Why stop renting?
- While renting, your money goes to a landlord, and you never see it again.
- Taxes are high, and you have very few things to write-off against them.
- No options for personalization. New appliances, paint colors and even pets may be out of the question for you.
Why invest in real estate?
- Homes are an investment that pays off. The average net worth of a homeowner is over 30 times greater than renters.
- You can deduct mortgage interest and have the options for many other deductions once you’re a homeowner. No more cringing come tax season!
- The space is yours — whether that means a dream kitchen, garden or a new master suite, the options are yours to explore.
Why buy now?
- Prices are at their lowest now. Economists across America agree that housing prices have fallen to their true lows, corrected and are on pace for continual growth.
- Mortgage rates are at historic lows, but will continue to grow. In the early 1980s, mortgage interest rates topped 16%! Current interest rates are around 4.15%, so it’s important to take advantage of this opportunity before rates increase.
- Why wait? Establishing net worth as soon as possible can help springboard any larger financial decisions you want to make later in life.
Still nervous about buying now? The stats below show the startling numbers — over the past 13 years, the return on investment for real estate has been the strongest industry, leading the NASDAQ by more than 68%.
Talk to a Shorewest real estate agent near you to get more information on the real estate market in your area. Making an investment for your future in real estate can be daunting, but our qualified agents are there to guide you every step of the way.
Categories: Home Buying