As we head into the weekend, we’re also heading into the last weekend of the summer. Before you have time to be sad, here’s a list of things to do before summer’s gone.
- Walk around the Discovery World promenade.
- Walk the Astronomy Trail at Pike Lake State Park.
- Revisit the flowers at the Boerner Botanical Gardens.
- Rent a paddle boat in the Veterans Park Lagoon.
- Take the full estate tour at the grounds of Ten Chimneys, the Alfred Lunt/Lynn Fontanne estate in Genesee Depot.
- Climb the Northpoint Lighthouse.
- Rediscover Bradford Beach.
- Roll down the river in style on board a boat tour.
- Walk down the Milwaukee River Walk.
- Enjoy any of the free concerts the Milwaukee County Parks has to offer.
- Travel into the past by watching a Civil War re-enactment.
- Enjoy the 50 sculptures in the Lynden Sculpture Garden.
- Climb the 45-foot tall Lapham Peak observation.
- Play Night Glow Golf on Friday with glow-in-the-dark balls in Milwaukee County park courses.
- Cool off at one of the Milwaukee County waterparks.
- Go down the 32-foot slide built on the hill at Fox River Park.
- Feed a giraffe at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- Hop on the train at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
- Bring your dog along to visit a pet-friendly eatery patio.
- Enjoy the extra day vacation.
Tags: attractions and events, Community, community events, living in milwaukee, Milwaukee, milwaukee lifestyle, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, summer events, things to do, weekend activities, Wisconsin
Leave a Reply