- Pine Cones (Look for those that are open to make spreading the peanut butter a lot easier)
- Peanut Butter
- Bird Seed
- Cut a length of twice for each pine cone. The twine should be long enough to tie around the top of a pine cone and then hang from a tree branch. Remember, birds like taller trees, so don’t cut the twine too long.
- Tie the twine around the very top part of the pine cone.
- Using a small spatula or butter knife, spread peanut butter over the pine cone. Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Pour birdseed into a bowl wide enough for the pine cone. Roll the pine cone in the birdseed. You could also sprinkle birdseed directly onto the pine cone, but make sure it is well covered.
- Hang them up in the tree you already picked out.
- Ta-da! Watch the birds enjoying their yummy treat!
Inspired by our friend Kelli at Freebie Finding Mom.
For more inspiration, check out our Pinterest Board.
Tags: attractions and events, community events, family fun, Home, living in milwaukee, Milwaukee, milwaukee lifestyle, shorewest, Shorewest Realtors, things to do, weekend activities, Wisconsin
Leave a Reply